Thursday, July 3, 2014

Weird Liberation

A guy who was in my small group last year sent this to us.  He is married, but was struggling with an attraction to someone at his office.  I asked his permission to share his words, as I thought it would be encouraging to others.  

Hey Guys –

Through answered prayers, the work of the Holy Spirit, and the tools that Living Waters has taught me to use….  Something has changed, and keeps changing.

My co-worker was on holidays for 2 weeks & out of the country.  I was on holidays with my family for one of those.

Yesterday was the first day back together.  And for the moment, at least, I can say that something is very different…  the “need,”  the “hope,” the “longing”… however it can be described…  simply isn't there & doesn't actually make sense that it was there in the first place.  Jesus has been working overtime to fill in those gaps & to meet me in the places that created the emptiness…

It’s weird & it’s liberating. 



Having said all of that, I know that I need to still “do the work,” and stand firm, being ever vigilant, knowing that the enemy is on the prowl, waiting for an opportune time.


I can’t say it enough – thank you for standing with me and walking with me in this journey. 


Thanks again.  I really appreciate all of you!


And God bless you, friend.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and may Jesus continue to fill the gaps in your life.  Three cheers for weird liberation!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an awesome report:) A great reminder of when we surrender how God can fill us up with truth and his power to resist temptation. Keep up the good work! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete